Gaziantep and South Eastern Anatolia Region’s one of the largest and most comprehensive Analysis Laboratory Analysis Laboratory Hasan Kalyoncu University’s Department of Civil Engineering, is established by targeting the entry into service. In the laboratory; Industry Analysis Services, Fittings and geotechnical studies can be done.
Hkü as the primary goal; researchers, “Industrial Analysis” determined to increase their knowledge and experience, is established for this purpose and Industrial Analysis Services that will given by the “HKU Civil Engineering Analysis Laboratory” went into action on 08.25.2014.
HKU Department of Civil Engineering Asst. Prof. Dr. Kasım Mermerda gave information about the function of Civil Engineering Laboratory.
Mr. Mermerdaş; “Department of Civil Engineering Laboratory, Education, Scientific Research and Industrial Analysis Services has started its activities in accordance to. The determination of the mechanical properties of cement-based building materials, as well as the tensile test equipment and can be done at some geotechnical views. Establishment phase completed by the start of the laboratory to provide services not only in Gaziantep region’s needs will be met at the laboratory. Experiment and analysis can be carried out in our laboratories students; will have the opportunity to apply the knowledge learned in theory. In addition, market-oriented projects can be done in HKU Laboratory, is a very important investment for our region, and education, “he said.
Having covered area of approximately 1,000 square meters in HK Analysis Laboratory experiments that can be done include:
- According to the material properties of concrete classes specified in TS 500 recipes for preparation,
- identification and classification of concrete compressive strength,
- coring, and analysis of capping,
- Surface hardness method undamaged concrete examination,
- specific gravity of aggregates, unit weight, water absorption, particle size distribution and chemical resistance test method for freezing,
- Cement outlet end begin experiments
- Determination of cement strength class,
- Construction reinforcement of class identification,
- reinforcement of existing structures undamaged detection range,
- Parker and the determination of the keystones of the physical and mechanical properties,
- Classification of soils,
- Liquid limit, plastic limit tests,
- Proctor compaction test,
- Consolidation test.
- shear strength test.
- Soil permeability properties.